Call for Participation
Please consider applying to participate in the 3rd Max Planck Law | Tech | Society Graduate Student Symposium.
The Max Planck Law | Tech | Society Initiative is organizing its 3rd Graduate Student Symposium, with the goal of providing graduate students with an opportunity to present their research in the intersection of law, technology, and society.
The symposium is open to all graduate students, both at the MSc and PhD level. During the symposium, participating students will have an opportunity to present their research to their peers and Max Planck Law | Tech | Society Initiative organizers, and receive feedback on their work, as well as meet other researchers with similar research interests. We hope to recruit a diverse set of participants, to enable a lively discussion and feedback on interdisciplinary work.
Submission deadline: 1 March 2024
Notification sent to participants: 22 March 2024
Symposium: 26 April 2024
Location: Online, via Zoom
Topics of interest include:
- AI and law
- Algorithmic fairness, accountability, and transparency
- Ethics of AI
- Generative AI and copyright law/competition law
- Impact of technology on courts and the legal profession
- Legal regulation, IT law, technology law
- Natural Language Processing (NLP), Large Language Models (LLMs) and law
- Social impact of AI technologies
This list is non-exhaustive, and submissions on related topics are welcome. Both empirical or theoretical work is welcome.